Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund
PLEASE ONLY USE THE WORD FORMATTED APPLICATION.
TO SUBMIT VIA EMAIL PLEASE SEND THE APPLICATION TO STCCF@LIVE.COM AS AN ATTACHMENT.
ATTENTION: There will be no award reception for the first quarter. The checks and promo checks have been mailed.
Please read the Requirements before applying.
The Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians of Oregon (Siletz Tribe) enacted Ordinance §4.20, Distribution of Net Revenues Ordinances on July 6, 1999 along with a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the State of Oregon on September 4, 1999. Through these two documents, the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contributions program and Advisory Board were created. Through this fundthe Tribe has distributed over $3.9 million since its inception.
The Siletz Tribe is proud of its contributions through employment, monetary donations, and cooperative measures to the Siletz community, Lincoln County, the state of Oregon and to Native American organizations throughout the United States. The tribe has honored its tradition of sharing within the community by distributing more than $6 million through the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund and other tribal resources.
Charitable Contributions are awarded to charitable organizations or local governments within the Siletz Tribe's service area (Lincoln, Tillamook, Linn, Lane, Benton, Polk, Yamhill, Marion, Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties) and Native American entities or activities located anywhere in the United States for the following purposes: education, health, public safety, gambling addiction, prevention, drug and alcohol treatment, housing, the arts, the environment and natural resource preservation, cultural activities, historic preservation, and other charitable purposes.
Advisory Board Members
Jessie Davis - Tribal Council Representative
Cheryl Lane - Tribal Member Representative Cheryl has lived in the Siletz Community most of her life and been active in the restoration of the Siletz Tribal culture in the community. She has been employed by the Siletz Tribe in the accounting department for over 20 years.
Rebekah Goulet - Tribal Member Representative Rebekah has lived in Lincoln County all of her life and is active in community organizations. She is employed part time by the Siletz Tribal Court.
Kurt Arden - Tribal Member Representative Kurt is a Siletz Tribal Member and lives in Myrtle Point, Oregon. He was in the U.S. Marine Corp for 15 years and worked in the trucking industry for 26 years. He is currently employed by the U.S. Postal Service. He is married to Darcy and has two sons, Jacob and Zach.
Karen Gerttula - Community Representative Karen has been a member of the Lincoln County community for almost 40 years. She served as Lincoln County Commissioner and has been very active in the Lincoln County community activities and events over the years. She is currently retired and enjoying her grandchildren.
Mike Holden - Community Representative Mike has been a member of the Lincoln County community for many years. He served as Chief of Police and Mayor of Lincoln City. Mike has also served as a Gaming Hearings Officer for the Siletz Tribal Regulatory Agency and recently retired as Security Director of Chinook Winds Casino & Resort.
Jim White - Community Representative Jim was elected as Mayor of Depoe Bay in 2005 after serving a year on the City Council. He has had a career in law enforcement which began in the military including the U.S. Marine Corps and U.S. Army until retiring in 1982. Since his retirement he continued working in law enforcement in Corvallis and Lincoln City, Oregon. He currently serves on the Oregon Governor's Council on Domestic Violence, Oregon Mayor's Association Board of Directors, Depoe Bay Kids Zone Board of Directors, Board Member of Lincoln County C.A.S.A. and Board member of the Children's Advocacy Center.
To be eligible for the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund;
- your organizations project/event/activity must be located within at least one of the eleven counties considered the Siletz Tribe's service area. Including: Lincoln, Tillamook, Linn, Lane, Benton, Polk, Yamhill, Marion, Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas; or
- your organization/event/activity must be provided for at least 51% Native Americans anywhere throughout the United States.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is my project/activity/event/organization eligible for a grant?
The requirements for the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund are:
- Organization/project/activity/event must occur within an 11 county area within Oregon. (SEE Eligibility) - OR - Be a Native American Organization/project/activity/event throughout the United States.
- No project/activity/event can occur prior to the distribution of funds. Meaning: If you apply for funds by September 14, the Board and Tribal Council review and approve requests in October with a distribution reception scheduled for November 2. Your project/activity/event cannot occur prior to November 2.
Do we have to submit proof of our Non-Profit status (i.e. 501(c )3) ?
No. We do not require organizations to provide any State or IRS documentation.
Are attachments allowed with the application?
Providing additional information is acceptable up to 2 additional single sided pages. However, applicants are encouraged to use just the provided space on the seven page form without providing any attachments. There is no benefit to providing more information, nor is there any disadvantage to providing additional information which the applicant feels is necessary in consideration of their application. Business cards, cover letters, post-it notes, etc. are considered attachments. CD's, DVD's and other visual items will not be accepted in review of the applications. Attachments must be provided with the original emailed application. Do not send attachments in additional emails. Attachments received in separate emails will not be included with the application.
Is there an average, maximum or minimum amount we can or should apply for?
Our grant awards have ranged from $145 up to $250,000 annually since we began distribution in 1999. With that span of awarded amounts there is no way to determine an average and there has been no minimum or maximum established. We encourage all applicants to apply for their needs and include clear and detailed descriptions.
Do we include Fundraising on the application?
If your organization has done fundraising for the current project, event or activity which you are applying for please report those funds. It is very important to provide other resources, even fundraising on the application. If your organization is planning fundraisers for the project/activity applied for include those as well and just anticipate the income from the fundraiser.
Why does the WORD version of the application form looks different on my computer and/or has inserted additional blank pages?
This form was created in WORD 2003. There have been difficulties reported from users with the transfer of a WORD form to a web based form because of the different versions as well as different printers. IMPORTANT: Do not exceed the space provided on the application. The application should be ONLY 7 pages long. If any sections move to the next page you have provided too much information. Please edit this information before submitting.
I did not notice many grants awarded in a category which our organization/event qualifies for. Does this indicate that the fund does not deem it as high a priority as other categories?
Not necessarily. We receive many grant applications from many organizations quarterly and all are reviewed independently each quarter without any priorities pre-established. The priorities are determined by the Board during their quarterly review taking into account the applications they have received and the funds available for that particular quarter.
When can we re-apply after being denied a grant?
There are no restrictions. You may re-apply in the next quarter.
When can we re-apply after receiving a grant?
There are no restrictions. You may re-apply in the next quarter whether your organization was denied or has received an award. However, you must be current on all evaluations for prior awards. If you have multiple grant awards, evaluations must only be completed for grants awarded one year or more ago.
Can I attach information regarding my organization and purpose to the Application instead of filling it out?
The application form provided on this web site MUST be used and completed in its entirety to be considered for a grant award. Any applications received that indicate "see attached" in any section will be returned as an ineligible application. Please DO NOT attach documentation of non-profit status. It is not required.
How do I submit an application? (Quick Step Process)
- Access application on website in WORD format.
- Complete application entirely by completing all sections.
- Print one copy of the application for your records.
- Submit the Application via email (email@example.com) OR mail ONE copy to the postal address by the deadline. Addresses are: Postal Mail: STCCF, P.O. Box 549, Siletz, Oregon 97380 or hand delivey, UPS, FedEx to the STCCF, 201 E Swan Avenue, Siletz, Oregon, 97380.
- All applications must be received either by mail, UPS, FedEx, Hand Delivery or E-mail by 4:30pm on the deadline date. There are no exceptions. We recommend that you submit the application as soon as possible to avoid any technical difficulties that may occur on the due date. STCCF is not responsible for any technical difficulties delaying the submission of any application.
How do I know my application was submitted on time?
You will receive an email after the application is received indicating the review dates. If you provide the application by postal mail and do not have an email address, you will receive a postcard to the mailing address provided indicating the review dates. We cannot call every applicant who submits an application due to the high volume received, especially toward the deadline. If you want a guarantee that the application has been received please utilize a email return receipt or postal service that you can track. DO NOT CALL TO SEE IF YOU YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. YOU WILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION BY EMAIL OR POSTCARD (IF NO EMAIL ADDRESS IS PROVIDED) WITHIN 24 HOURS EXCEPT DURING THE WEEK OF THE DEADLINE DATE. NOTIFICATION WILL BE PROVIDED WITHIN 3 BUSINESS DAYS. IF YOU WAIT TO SUBMIT THE APPLICATION ON THE DATE IT IS DUE YOU WILL STILL RECEIVE NOTIFICATION BY EMAIL IN THE ORDER THE APPLICATION IS REVIEWED.
If I receive a grant award, what are the reporting requirements?
If you receive a grant from the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund you agree to:
- Complete and submit the evaluation form after the event/activity is over. This must occur no later than one year after receipt of the funds.
- Utilize the funds as they are awarded.
- Publicize the award of the donation in your local media and provide documentation with the evaluation form.
How do I satisfy the publication requirement?
Publication of the event can be satisfied by contacting a local media (i.e. newspaper, radio, etc.). If the media you have notified does not print or air the information to the public then you may submit the information you provided to the media with that explanation along with your evaluation as documentation of meeting that requirement.
- Too many attachments.
REMEMBER: Only (2) two pages, single sided are allowed. If more than (2) two are attached then all of the applications will be returned for correction and resubmission.
- Forgetting to indicate a Proposed Activity Date (which cannot occur before the distribution date).
- Submitting incorrect information on the proposed and detailed budgets.
PROBLEMS SENDING APPLICATION VIA EMAIL:
- For submitting the WORD formatted application please attach the application via email without a signature. The sent email is used as the signature. Please attach this application to your email as you would any other attachment using your email service. IMPORTANT: Do not exceed the space provided on the application. The application should be ONLY 7 pages long. If any sections move to the next page you have provided too much information. Please edit this information before submitting.
- DO NOT CALL TO ASK IF YOUR APPLICATION HAS BEEN RECEIVED. You will be notified by email if an email address is provided or by postal mail if no email address is provided within 24 hours except during the week of the deadline date, you will then be notified within 3 business days. If you choose to submit your application on the due date you will still need to wait for the receipt notification via email which will be reviewed in the order they are received.
- We are not responsible for technical difficulties regarding the submission of the application. If the application is not received by 4:30pm on the due date it will not be considered in that quarterly review and you will be notified. Our email system does not process received email immediately. It is in everyones best interest to not wait until the due date to submit their application to ensure the application is received timely.
PUBLIC DISTRIBUTION RECEPTION - Frequently Asked Questions
- Light snacks will be provided (cheese, crackers, fruite, coffee, etc.)
- You are welcome to bring as many people as you like to the event. Family, friends, and children are welcome to join you. Please include the number of guests when confirming attendance to ensure chairs are provided for all guests.
- The event is very casual. Your attire should represent your organization.
- Each organization will be introduced and asked to provide a brief introduction to the group regarding the organization and the project/activity that was funded.
Rosie Williams, Staff Secretary
201 E Swan Avenue
P.O. Box 549
Siletz, Oregon 97380
Applications are available in ONLY Word format. Please complete and submit your final application as an attachment via email, hand delivery or postal mail. The application must be received on the due date by 4:30pm. Post marked applications will not be accepted. DO NOT ALTER THE APPLICATION.
Please review the REQUIREMENTS before applying.
Applications are available in WORD format only.
Download the list of 2014 application deadlines and important dates by clicking the link below.
When awarded a grant from the Siletz Tribal Charitable Contribution Fund grantees agree to:
- Attend the distribution reception to receive their award and have a photograph taken; and
- Funds must be used for the purpose they were awarded within one year of receipt of funds; and
- the Grantee is responsible for making reasonable efforts to publish and announce the award received in a local media outlet; and
- Photographs regarding your activity are now REQUIRED to be submitted with the Evaluation Form.
- The approved evaluation form must be submitted AFTER successful completion of the project/event/activity for which funds were received which must be no later than one year after receipt of funds.
2010 Grant Awards